Being territorial about my garden, and resenting leaving my berry crop in full harvest, I wondered how we could possibly be away for 10 days in peak season. Rosalie to the rescue! She has volunteered to pick, freeze, enjoy, and generally be a presence on the property, keeping urchins and the resident hillside bear at bay. Without Rosalie, and Bill’s irrigation system, this adventure would not be possible mid-summer.
We paid the entrance fee (or rather my father did, in exchange for lots of photos – not a hardship for Camera Girl. Thanks Dad!). Back came our identification decal to be smucked on the plane, plus enough logistical data to get us to the moon and back. Bill is in his element with all this bumph. I’m worried about losing some of it. And that, like poor old Charlie on the MTA, we will be circling Whitehorse without the necessary landing clearance.
Shimmy is wondering if she could head out on this trek too.... it's been a while since she was last in Kazee.
ReplyDeleteChris
Yes, that's when Shimmy did her Houdini act: escaped from her carry-cage and headed for the tail - twice! Then she spend the rest of the flight on my lap, craning her neck to look 9,000 feet down. They say Bengals are good travelers!
ReplyDeleteHi, Jill
ReplyDeleteBy Jove, I think I've got it!
Monica